Dec 2, 2010

Charlotte Macey Textiles Designer Feature:


About Charlotte Macey Textiles:

I began Charlotte Macey Textiles after realising that there were a lot of designers working for themselves and creating products that they had so much passion for. In the back of my mind my creativity kicked into gear, and before long I’d sampled my first tea towel and egg cosy, I still have them lurking in a drawer! I use a selection of imagery in my work, from wine glasses to beach huts, and also quintessentially British things such as tea cups and cupcakes. I incorporate pretty scraps of fabric and each item is entirely hand made in my studio.

Inspirations:

I am continually inspired by everything around me, and I wake up each day excited to start my day’s work, it’s wonderful. Every day in the studio is different, and I can’t beat the satisfaction when I finish a product and it heads off to its new home.

Best Sellers:

Since introducing my ‘wine glasses’ range earlier in the year, they have gone down an absolute storm! I began with cotton tea towels and have now introduced napkins and aprons to the range, I would definitely say they are my best seller.





We Make Christmas:

For Christmas 2010 I have launched my ‘puddings’ range, from aprons to a variety of cosies, tea towels, and napkins. I am also making a limited edition cotton stocking especially for the festive season, so all these goodies will be available at the Christmas fair. I can’t wait!





Website:

www.charlottemacey.co.uk

Follow Us On Twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlottemacey / @charlottemacey

Find Us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/charlottemaceytextiles






No comments: