May 31, 2011

Machine Embroidered Cup Cake Brooch Workshop Details:

Cupcake Brooch: To book a place on this workshop click here: Tuesday 5th July






Date: Tuesday 5th July
Time: 3.00pm to 5.00pm (two hours)
Level: Beginners (although some previous sewing machine experience required)
Teacher: Tugba Kop
Price: £20
Maximum Class Size: 10 people



This workshop will introduce you to machine embroidery. You will learn how to embroider simple designs by machine and make a fabulous leather brooch!

Tugba will do a demonstration and then let them you pick your fabrics and leather and try it out for yourself.

You will also hand sew this fabulous little drawstring gift bag to keep your brooch safe.
At the end of the class, each person will take home their very own handmade cupcake brooch and bag.
All materials will be provided and there will be shared use of the sewing machines.

About Tugba Kop:

Howdy! I am a BA (Hons) Illustration graduate from Kingston University. You can find me and my sewing machine in the outer suburbs of London.
My work is very textile based, but everything starts with the good old fashioned pencil and paper! Observational drawing is at the foundation of everything I do. I particularly enjoy drawing people and reportage work.
The textile element of my work comes from having parents working in the textile industry as I was growing up. This meant that I had access to an industrial sewing machine, and bag fulls of unwanted fabrics and haberdashery to experiment with. I eventually combined my sewing abilities with my passion for drawing and this is what happened! My work plays on the boundaries between art and craft.
http://tugbakop.com/

No comments: