Dec 9, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Nancy Edwards



About Nancy Edwards:

Originally from Norwich, Norfolk, I graduated from Goldsmiths with a first class BA Honours degree in Textiles, and have lived in London ever since. I take inspiration from my surroundings and often my illustrations are direct responses to my environment. The city is my stimulus; its diversity, architecture and aesthetic. I am influenced by good design; classic pieces, clean lines and solid shapes.
My work is always hand drawn, often from photographs, and is then digitally, stylistically manipulated and printed. It is a very detailed, intricate process and, as a result, can often take weeks to complete.


Inspirations:

Having worked for Architects for many years, I am very interested in the skyline of London, its buildings and their relationship to each other. And with my background in textiles, I like to bring cloth or patterns into my work when I can.

Best Sellers:


London Skyline (Northbank): a meticulous drawing that took weeks to do. Very indicative of my style.

We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:

Buyers can expect to see prints and cards, including a skyline from Primrose Hill (which I am making for the show).


Websites:


No comments: