Sep 27, 2009

A Alicia Designer Feature





About A Alicia:

I’m Anna, the London based designer-maker behind A Alicia Accessories. I’ve lived in London for nearly five years now, after moving here to study, and still find it an incredibly inspiring place. The A Alicia range is based on exploiting the textural and sculptural possibilities of fabrics such as felt and net, as well as their fabulous depth of colour. My pieces are handmade, down to each petal being cut and sewn by hand. I love how accessories can complete, transform or update an outfit - my aim is to make pieces that are bold but totally wearable.

Inspirations:

I have a background in Art History, and that, along with a love of craft and the skills involved, is fundamental to my work. Fashion, contemporary and historical craft techniques, and collections like the V&A, provide constant inspiration.

Best Sellers:




My long blossom corsages come in a range of colours and sizes and are incredibly versatile and wearable. They look fantastic on dresses, jackets, shirts, t-shirts… and can be fastened in a variety of ways to give different looks.

We Make Christmas:




At the We Make Christmas Fair I will be stocking items from my Autumn/Winter 09 collection, plus some new experimental pieces and one-offs. A Alicia accessories which includes corsage brooches, hair accessories and necklaces, make perfect, unique Christmas gifts. All are beautifully packed in gorgeous hand-printed gift boxes. Alternatively, treat yourself to something to update your winter wardrobe or reinvent your little black dress for all those Christmas parties.
The introduction of gold lame to my Autumn/Winter collection adds some winter sparkle.

Find A Alicia at:

www.aalicia.bigcartel.com

No comments: