Dec 9, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Lok Ming Fung




About Lok Ming Fung:
I started my business in 2007, after graduating from a Ceramic Design degree. I wanted to continue making and start selling my pieces to the public, starting with ceramic boxes and expanding the range to jewellery. I also have a new range of plates of my hand drawn sketches of mushrooms, ‘Ecology’.

I love making, getting involved with all sorts of making, trawling through charity and vintage shops, finding nostalgic items.

Inspirations:
I am inspired by nature, colours and texture. I find inspirations from arts, design to fashion. I love making pieces that have bursts of detail but does not over the piece; simple but not too all over.
‘Oohhh…’ is a collection of boxes that was inspired by the Japanese Inro boxes and Russian dolls. With the elements of ‘hiding/wrapping’, enclose, open and surprise, all these elements contribute to the enjoyment of the revealing.

Best Sellers:

The bestselling box piece is the White with green colours. The jewellery pieces are also a big hit, especially the earrings. You can enter the prize draw to win a pair!


We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:



At the We Make Christmas fair, you will see a wide range of handmade pieces and there is something for everyone! You will want to buy everything!
At the Christmas fair, I will be selling my Oohhh jewellery boxes that have insertable trays that sit inside them and my jewellery range which consists of Cufflinks, Necklace, Earrings and brooches.
The ‘Ecoclogy’ collection set of plates will be making a debut at We Make as well as some new Christmas decorations!


Website:

Find us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lok-Ming-Fung-Ceramics/110723315627071

No comments: