Nov 12, 2010

Emma Lewis Designer Feature:


About Emma Lewis:

I am an illustrator/cat lover living and working in East London. I studied Illustration at Camberwell College of Art and University College Falmouth down in lovely Cornwall. As well as drawing I like retro picture books (especially ones from France, Scandinavia or Eastern Europe), old bicycles, bears, cats, walks along the coast and knitwear….some of these things have been known to feature in my work. My illustrations are quite colourful and playful. I really love using a variety of mark making in inks, pastels, pencils and print to create my characters and patterns.

Inspirations:

I am inspired by a whole host of imagery from the likes of Hundertwasser and Frida Kahlo to Marc Boutavant and Beatrice Alemagna, but often my ideas come from silly everyday things you don’t even think about like the shape of a cloud or just a colour combination that sticks in your head. I love anything where you can see the craftsmanship is visible.

Best Sellers:

Since I have only just graduated, We Make Christmas is my first opportunity I’ve had to sell my work, which I am excited about, so no ‘best sellers’ yet. But I put these oranges on my business cards this summer and everyone seemed to like them.





We Make Christmas:

I will of course be selling Christmas cards and wrapping paper, along digital and original prints, tote bags, post and note cards, hand bound zines and maybe some handmade bunting.







Websites:

http://www.emma-lewis.co.uk

http://blogspot.com/helloemmalewis


Follow Us On Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/helloemmalewis




No comments: