Nov 20, 2010

Lucie Ellen Designer Feature:


ABOUT LUCIE ELLEN:

My name is Lucie Beeston, and I started the Lucie Ellen line about 4 years ago after leaving my Graphic Design degree with a need to do something with my hands. I do all of my making in my shed/studio in my garden in Suffolk, turning broken plates and reclaimed wood into lovely things to wear and use.

MY INSPIRATIONS:

I think my main motivation is creating things that people will cherish from things that would have otherwise ended up in the bin. Broken china, offcuts of wood, falling apart books and scraps of paper - it’s all in there. Because of this, my work has a very 40s/50s feel, which I love.

BEST SELLER:

My brooches cut from broken china are my biggest seller. No two brooches are ever the same - it’s recycling at it’s prettiest!



WE MAKE CHRISTMAS:





At the We Make London Christmas Fair you can expect to see a dazzling array of vintage china brooches and earrings, along with coasters made in the same way. Expect bunting necklaces galore and a new range of wooden jewels!




WEBSITE:
www.lucie-ellen.com

FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/ByLucieEllen

No comments: