Oct 27, 2009

Alexandra Ashby Designer Feature



About Alexandra Ashby:

I am a London-based designer and illustrator, creating cards and prints. I was born and raised in Oxford and trained as a textile designer at Chelsea College of Art and Design London – it was here that I created my signature style of drawing flora and fauna with an added twist. I am also a keen photographer and this, along with my sketches, shapes the style of my work that varies between a traditional botanical style, retro drawings and edgy design images. I am currently branching out and creating singe-line drawings of people, places and objects, mainly taking inspiration from London.


Inspirations:

I have always enjoyed drawing, photography and creating images. Simply put, I love what I do! Playing with themes, colours, subjects and styles is a lot of fun and I am always finding new inspiration from a range of sources.

Best Sellers:




For the last 3 years this little Robin has been my best

selling card, mainly at Christmas time. He started out as a quick sketch and the image still retains that style, which is a big part of his appeal along with the bold red breast.


We Make Christmas:


I will be bringing along a range of work, in a range of styles. Greeting cards and Prints will make up the bulk of my collection. As well as having Christmas themed cards, there will be cards and prints suitable for every occasion.


Website:

www.alexandraashby.co.uk


No comments: