Oct 6, 2009

Peak Princess Designer Feature




About Peak Princess:

I handmake children's wear (6 months to 6 years) in Liberty prints from my home in the Peak District. Liberty have called my designs "truly exclusive, personal and original...not something you'd find on the high street" and Angels and Urchins magazine called them "too divine to miss out on". I make just a handful of items each week and each is sewn to order so you won't see them anywhere else. Due the success of the Peak Princess girls' range I'm soon launching a collection for little boys called of course, Peak Prince.




Inspirations:

On a break from my BBC radio producer job I was inspired by a picnic with my gorgeous god-daughter Tilly. I realised there was a market for beautiful & original children's clothes. Mum's designs featured in Vogue and my grandmother was a milliner so it runs in the genes!





Best Sellers:

My best-sellers are the classic pinafore and shift dresses, named after my god-daughters 'Tilly Toadstool' and 'Mia Rose'. The autumn/winter version of the 'Mia Rose' shift is a Liberty baby cord dress with velvet trim, contrast lining and inverted box pleat, called 'Anya Rose' after one of the little girls who models for me. It also comes in denim with Liberty tana lawn lining & trim.



Tilly wearing the Liberty baby cord 'Martha Grace' print shift dress. (£34.99-£39.99)


We Make Christmas:



I'll be selling my autumn/winter collection which includes the gorgeous Liberty baby cord shifts and denim/Liberty shifts. Plus my new 'Freya Bean' blouses with velvet trim. And I'll have my new 'Baby Beau' and 'Baby Belle' rompers for babies from 3 months. Not forgetting the new designs from my Peak Prince boy's range including the fabulous new Grayson Perry for Liberty bicyles print and Liberty cars print in shirts, shorts and dungarees.


New Peak Prince Liberty cars print baby romper





You’re Sites:



www.peakprincess.co.uk





No comments: