Oct 20, 2010

A Alicia Designer Feature:


You:

I’m Anna, the London based designer-maker behind A Alicia Accessories. I’ve been running A Alicia Accessories for almost two years now and my mission this year has been to make my company as ethical and sustainable as possible. Ethical and sustainable production is something that means a lot to me and I’m enjoying the challenge!
I design and make every A Alicia accessory myself, in my East London studio, so I spend most of my time sewing!

Inspirations:

My current collection takes its inspirations from far and wide - from Victorian Lace Collars to 1970s macramé! The connecting factors are a fascination with historical craft techniques and the challenge of making the most of the eco-ethical materials currently available.

Best Sellers:



From my main collection my Six Cord Knitted Necklace is definitely the signature piece – reflecting my love of bold, chunky jewellery that’s totally wearable. This year I’ve also developed a wedding collection, and my Big Bow Garter in vintage ribbon has been a surprise hit – I think it just strikes that balance between being romantic, but also simple and contemporary.







We Make Christmas:

My current range at www.aalicia.bigcartel.com focuses on knitted cord necklaces and cuff bracelets (made from fairtrade, organic cotton), some embellished with vintage beads, others simple and bold. I will also be featuring work from my dedicated wedding store, www.aaliciawedding.bigcartel.com, including floral wrist corsages and vintage ribbon garters.




Websites:

www.aalicia.bigcartel.com

www.aaliciawedding.bigcartel.com

Find Us on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Alicia-Handmade-Accessories/276408268656?ref=ts



No comments: