Oct 9, 2010

LauraLaura Designer Feature:



About LauraLaura:

As a life-long customiser and jumble sale addict, the LauraLaura label developed from a sweater I embroidered for myself. It got so many comments and people asking where to buy that I started gathering lambswool and cashmere (I'm a complete knitwear snob, 100% natural fibres only!) and got sewing. The recycled element was key for me, and so I also started making jewellery using the tins of odd buttons and vintage fabrics I'd collected over the years. All the embroidery is done by hand, by me, in my handwriting so each piece of LauraLaura knitwear is truly unique.

Inspirations:

LauraLaura is new from old, taking things that have become redundant and making them desirable again. I hope to create pieces you treasure season after season. The sweaters are my prim antidote to the ever pervasive slogan t-shirt; make a statement but make it polite.

Best Sellers:



My best seller is the “If You Please” sweater – just add skinny jeans and ballet pumps for instant Parisienne chic!



We Make Christmas:



At We Make Christmas I'll have a whole heap of deliciously cosy hand-embroidered cashmere/lambswool sweaters and cardigans perfect for gifting others (or yourself!) plus a great selection of jewellery made from vintage buttons and fabrics. Especially for the festive season there'll be LauraLaura crackers, handmade from recycled materials. But fear not no plastic moustaches or fortune telling fish here, each one contains some cute-as-a-button earrings. They make wonderful stocking fillers.


Website:

www.lauralaura.net




Find Us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/lauralauraknitwear

No comments: