Oct 13, 2010

Hope and Eden Designer Feature:




About Hope and Eden:


I trained at Chelsea College of Art and Design in printed textile design and for many years worked as a freelance fashion textile designer, later combining this with teaching at various art colleges. Hope and Eden is named after my two daughters who inspired me to start producing cuddly creatures to keep them company at night. Having started out making soft toys my range is quickly expanding to include silk-screened textiles, badges, decorated ceramics and greeting cards.


Inspirations:


I am inspired by many things: the nostalgia of 1950’s children’s book illustrations, especially the colourful, witty work of Miroslav Sesek and Paul Rand; the joy of childhood and its many memories; and a love of natural fabrics, pattern and vintage buttons.


Best Seller:



My best sellers are my rabbits and where Hope and Eden began. I use fabric of contrasting textures and softness this adds to the sensory experience for ver

y young children. Some bunnies also include a squeeze and squeak feature, which usually raise a smile. My recent best sellers are my personalised silk-screened fabric pictures.




We Make Christmas:






I will be showing my expanded range of items including toys, silk-screened textiles, silk-screened pictures, badges, decorated ceramics and greeting cards. I will also be making exclusive Christmas decorations for We Make Christmas.



Website:

www.hopeandeden.etsy.com

www.hopeandeden.com



Twitter:

www.twitter.com/hopeandeden



No comments: