Jun 10, 2010

Emily The Pemily Designer Feature:


About Emily The Pemily:

I have a BTEC in Fine Art, a Degree in Illustration, and a Graduate Certificate in Digital Surface Design from the University of the Arts, London. I have also designed for Topman and interned at Alexander McQueen’s menswear design dept. So what do I do with all that training? I design and hand print t-shirts of course!

After my McQueen internship I made a vow never to work for anybody else ever again and have complete creative control over everything I do.

With some money my grandfather gave me as a wedding present to invest in the future, I brought some silk screens and a load of t-shirts and printed them up in my bedroom and it felt so good I just kept doing it.

Inspirations:

I am influenced by so many things. I have loads of scrapbooks and sketch books labelled ‘Inspiration’ that I source from magazines, the internet, blogs, and photocopied books. The main influential theme you will see running through my work is British culture, customs and sayings. I’m obsessed with the royal family and old British proverbs.

Other people I adore are Andy Warhol, David Hockney, Jean- Michel Basquiat, American Folk Art, Mexican Folk Art, Leigh bullard, Rev. Howard Finster, Wayne Pate, William Edmunds, Tina Berning, David Sparshott, any rock and roller, Elvis, Kiss and many, many more.


Best Sellers:


By far the best selling and my signature piece is my ‘AMOR Moustache’ design. People go crazy for it. When I first showed it to my husband he hated it and thought it would never sell, but 2 years on and it’s still going strong. I literally designed this as a last minute addition for a range or t-shirts I designed at university for my final show. I thought my work needed a bit of humour and designed something I would go crazy for.

We Make Summer Fair:



At the We Make Summer Fair you should expect to see adult sweaters, adult t-shirts, Eco friendly tote bags, children’s t-shirts and really cute baby grows that are all designed and hand printed by me in my bedroom. Every design is printed on each clothing style so you could potentially have a whole family wearing emilythepemily t-shirts!




Websites:

MY BLOG http://www.emilythepemilys.blogspot.com/

MY ETSY SHOP http://www.etsy.com/shop/emilythepemily

MY FOLKSY SHOP http://www.folksy.com/shops/emilythepemily

MY TWITTER FOR MY MARKET DATES http://twitter.com/emilythepemily

MY WOW THANKYOU STORE http://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/store/supplier.php?secondary=164

No comments: