Jun 18, 2010

Justine Ellis Designer Feature:



About Justine Ellis:

What seems like an age ago I studied Fine Art. Since then, I have taught young people with learning difficulties in schools and galleries in London. Although I continued to be creative, it has only been in the last two years that I started to design my own range of screen-printed products. Recently, I scarily took the plunge to give up the day job and concentrate on printing full time. It’s been exciting and so far so good.

I live in a leafy corner of southeast London, where I work messily from home, but venture north to Hackney to print at the fantastic Printclub London. I print using an environmentally friendly, water based, screen-printing process. I endeavour to print on recycled, Fairtrade, stock.


Inspirations:

I’m inspired by mid century design, and architecture; Lucienne Day, Alvar Aalto, Marimekko to name but a few. A huge inspiration though, must be the ‘millions of favourite blogs’ I look to for distraction on a daily basis.

Best Sellers:

My best sellers are probably my ‘Knitting Pattern Tote Bags’ and although it pains me to say it when the sun is out, my ‘Christmas Tree & Lights’ Christmas cards.


.



We Make Summer Fair:

I’ll be bringing a bit of everything to the fair, hopefully a little something for everyone - from brooches to bags and prints on paper. I’ll also be showing some new printed textiles that are still under wraps, so you’ll have to come along and check it all out on the day!


You’re Sites:

You can find me at www.justineellis.co.uk. There is a link to my Folksy shop on my site.

I print at www.printclublondon.com

No comments: