Jun 5, 2010

Toft Porcelain Designer Feature:


About Toft Porcelain:

I am a ceramic artist based on the Isle of Wight. I specialize in porcelain jewellery, and also make wheel thrown porcelain.
I divide my time between my own studio and a beautiful Water Mill at Calbourne, where I am the resident potter.

Inspirations:

One day it struck me that my pots spent most of the time sitting on shelves. This led to the idea that decorative ceramics didn't have to sit on a shelf... it could be made into wearable items ...so I decided to make porcelain jewellery!

Signature Piece:




'Touch my heart': Glazed Porcelain on, hand made, hammered, silver necklace with matching earrings.
Reaching towards something is motivational and inspires....so the reaching hand symbol often features on my work and is my logo. (The hand is also intrinsic to making)

We Make Summer Fair:




I will be bringing THE COSTUME DRAMA COLLECTION: jewellery with a romantic, theatrical theme....expect to see lots of tiny porcelain hearts, birds, shoes, masks, gloves.



I will also have my funky retro 70s PLATFORMS collection




and my best sellers: TROPICAL POOLS... porcelain incorporating glass

Website:

www.porcelainjewellery.co.uk


No comments: