Jun 19, 2010

Cara's Creations Designer Feature:



About Cara's Creations:


My name is Caragh Buxton, I am an illustrator, painter, and ceramic artist, I trained in fine art and have come to ceramics more recently.

I illustrate books for children and greetings cards for high street shops

All my ceramics are lovingly painted by hand , glazed and fired by me in my Kilne., the ceramics can be personalised for a special occasion. My cards and prints are produced by my hugely patient graphic designer, Guy, who puts up with my mind changing with incredible patience!

I have been working hard to produce a range of greetings cards, prints and ceramics.

My usual place of work is the kitchen table! Although, now that the business is growing I am in the process of moving my work area into a studio in the garden.

I live in south London with my partner and 4 children, I work around a time table of ballet drop offs, football training and tea dates....


Inspiration:

I draw upon my children for many of my ideas, look at Monster print... this is an adaptation of my youngest boys dream about some friendly Monsters!


Best Sellers:




Ballerinas has definitely been the favourite print, along with footballers, closely followed by my Fairy Place print..


We Make Summer Fair:



At the summer fair I will have a collection of ceramics, cards and prints


Website:

www.carascreations.co.uk


No comments: