Jun 6, 2010

Nyoki Designer Feature:


ur

About Nyoki:


Running from Kosovo war – came to live in London in 1996 with my family and my husband. Worked jobs that I didn’t enjoy. After deciding making family of my own all I did is read about babies. When I had my little daughter everything was about her. I enjoyed every second with her but after a while I felt I need something more. Always being creative person, started to learn techniques of making cards. For as long as I remember I never bought cards – always made them my self. The idea was to sell cards online, but could not help thinking of my precious mum and her precious skills. She is multi talented from crochet, knitting, to embroidery and more, which I learned it from her. I came up with idea to her and practically begged her to join me. I first thought of making accessories for children and it all took from there. Thanks to my mum for being brave to embrace my idea, to my husband who build the website, to my sister (fashion designer), to my brother (the accountant), my dad for always being there when help needed and my sister in law, now Nyoki products include clothes for children, hair accessories and cards and is running successfully for just more than a year.

Inspirations:

Inspiration came from the childhood. We come from Kosovo and handmade crafting is a tradition. We were raised mostly with handmade clothes and our homes were decorated mostly with things made by ourselves. I learned crafting from my mum; my mum learned it from her mum, grandma learned it from hers and my daughter who is only 5 is learning it from me. It is something that we pass on - so we thought why not pass it as a gift to someone that we don't know. So this is how we gave birth to NYOKI.

Best Sellers:

Handmade; our style is eclectic, a combination of vintage, traditional with modern. Traditional details and crafting methods are used to create our contemporary items.

Our clothes, including accessories and cards, are all handmade using the highest quality natural, organic and eco-friendly materials.

Our best sellers are:

Organic Hat and Booties Set: Girls - These handmade crocheted hat and booties are made from a lovely, soft yarn in 100% organic cotton yarn. The design features beautiful handmade crocheted flowers and satin ribbon for decoration and ties. This set is the ultimate in comfort. These hat and booties are ideal beautiful gift set for a new baby, baby shower or as a 1st birthday gift. Beautifully presented in our recycled gift box with tissue paper and matching ribbon, the set includes: Pink Victorian crocheted Hat and Pink Victorian crocheted Booties.



Coat: Double Moss Boys - This luxurious coat is hand knitted from rugged luxurious yarn which is a versatile mix of 80% merino wool and 20% kid mohair. It’s soft and comfortable. This coat will keep your princes warm and posh in winter and chill summer evenings. Design features moss pattern and has 8 beautiful wooden buttons. This coat comes in 2 colors: frost and shale. It can be matched with a cute little hat.



Organic Hat, Booties and Bib Set: Girls Victorian - This handmade crocheted luxurious Victorian style Baby Set is made with 100% soft organic cotton yarn. This set is the ultimate in comfort. Ideal beautiful gift set for a new baby, baby shower, first clothes when taking your precious baby out of the hospital or christening. Presented in our recycled gift box with tissue paper and matching ribbon, the set includes: - Organic White crocheted Victorian style Hat - Organic White crocheted Victorian style Booties – Organic White crocheted Victorian style Bib.



Organic Hairband: Pink - Beautifully organic hand knitted hair bands. Plastic hair band (7mm – 1/8inch) is knit wrapped with soft organic yarn and topped with a beautiful organic knitted bow. Finishing touch – cute little heart button or for the white ones beautiful Swarovski crystal.



Birthday Flower, Birthday Car or Birthday Snail - These soft and gentle white hammer folded cards have a distinctive felt texture inside and out. Conveying both warmth and high quality. The designs features a handmade crocheted flower with a quilted bee, car or snail. These cards come with white envelope in protective cellobag. Colour: White or Cream Size: 120x120mm Greeting on the front: Happy Birthday Inside greeting: none


We Make Summer Fair:


We are celebrating our First Birthday this month with new beautiful Spring/Summer Collection 2010 including hand knitted Organic Cardigans for girls and boys, Organic Dresses for baby girls and girls, Organic Hat & Booties for baby boy and baby girl, Bamboo Dresses and Skirts for girls, Bamboo Hat & Booties Set for boys and we are also adding some new colours of our exiting designs.

Since we are taking part for the first time at We Make London Summer Fair, we are offering buyers this exclusive offer 10% to 40 % OFF on many of our handmade products.


Websites:

Where can we find you: www.nyoki.co.uk , www.notonthehighstreet.com ,

Shops: Joujou & Lucy, 32 Clifton Road, Maida Vale, London, W9 1ST and

Appuru, 43 Moreton Street, Victoria, London, SW1V 2NY




No comments: