May 2, 2010

A Alicia Designer Feature:

Large Nude/Scarlet Printed Bow Organic Fairtrade Cotton

About A Alicia:

I’m Anna, the London based designer-maker behind A Alicia Accessories. I’ve been running A Alicia Accessories for just over a year now and my mission this year is to make my company as ethical and sustainable as possible. Ethical and sustainable production is something that means a lot to me personally and which I try hard to reflect in my choices as a consumer and a producer.
I design and make every A Alicia accessory myself, so I spend most of my time sewing!

Inspirations:

I have a background in Art History, and that, along with a love of craft and the skills involved, is fundamental to my work. Working with only ethically produced or vintage/reclaimed fabrics means that my materials are limited, but I actually find this inspiring! I love working within limits to create something I believe is exciting and new.

Best Sellers:


Large Indigo Corsage Fairtrade Organic Cotton

My new range of corsage brooches made from fairtrade, organic cotton has been the most popular seller so far this year, especially in the gorgeous handloomed indigo blue cotton.


We Make Summer Fair:


Fiesta Flamingo Necklace, Fairtrade Organic Cotton

My current range at www.aalicia.bigcartel.com is pretty diverse, including everything from pom pom necklaces to flower fascinators to oversized bows detailed with vintage lamé... all made from fairtrade, organic or vintage fabrics. I’ve also just opened a new dedicated wedding store, www.aaliciawedding.bigcartel.com concentrating on wedding accessories, so I’ll also be featuring items from there such as buttonholes and garters!



Extra Large Shine Bow Brooch, White Fairtrade Organic Cotton with Vintage Lame


Blossom Buttonholes / Boutonnieres

Websites:

www.aalicia.bigcartel.com
www.aaliciawedding.bigcartel.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Alicia-Handmade-Accessories/276408268656?ref=ts


No comments: