May 18, 2010

I Like Sleeping Designer Feature:



About I Like Sleeping:




I am a London based illustrator who originally comes from Japan. I have a degree in Psychology and am largely self-taught in my illustration. I draw upon a broad range of interests in my work, such as nature, the animal kingdom, Psychology, fantasy and my native culture. I also use a variety of media, working digitally, with textiles, and traditional painting materials. Currently, I'm represented by a London based Illustration agency called Pickled Ink.

Inspirations:

I love animals and my inspiration frequently comes from the relationship between animals and humans. This somehow also connects to my childhood memories as I loved animals while growing up, I also find that thinking about our relationship with animals often leads me to approach environmental issues in my work.


Best Sellers:




Lost at a lake: I think it is simple and has a strong message. The colours are also visually striking so many people are naturally drawn to this piece.


We Make Summer Fair:


Alter ego

Prince















Mainly I'll be selling my illustration work such as prints (both framed and unframed), organic cotton t-shirts, cards (postcards and greeting cards) and new textile work (shown above), some of which are going to be sold exclusively for the first time at We Make London.

Website:

www.ilikesleeping.com


No comments: