May 16, 2010

Kendall Melvin Designer Feature:

This is an image of 2 pieces from my Purity collection incorporating
fine silver and white diamonds.


About Kendall Melvin:

I began making jewellery 3 years ago, having attended classes at a local college, which in turn led me to discover Sonia Cheadle’s Jewellery School at Craft Central, Clerkenwell, where I have since worked under her guidance, designing and hand-making my own jewellery in silver, 18ct gold, and diamonds. I also use carefully selected gemstones, tsavourite and traditional red garnet in particular, to produce individual and original work.

I am currently in the process of setting up my own website, which should be ready soon, and my work can be seen in May at the Craft Central Open Studios Event.

Inspiration:

My jewellery is inspired by the elegance and romance of vintage style and glamour, which I like to mix with anti-clastic raising hammering techniques, and surface detail such as engraving for a contemporary and unique effect.


Signature Piece:




Retro 1 is part of my new collection, using white diamonds, 18ct yellow gold, and black diamond beads, and really represents my current work.


I am currently working on some delicate, oxidized pieces which will be on show at We Make London in June.

No comments: