May 24, 2010

Red Fox...Blue Monkey Designer Feature:






About Red Fox...Blue Monkey:

…red fox…blue monkey…is the brainchild of Jessica Ayre, created whilst in her final years, studying Silversmithing and Jewellery, at Loughborough University. Jessica has loved making jewellery since she was a child, but later craved the knowledge of how to create it from core materials, and now lives out her ambition of being an independent jeweller. Currently working from Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, she enjoys creating all her silver jewellery by hand and thrives on seeing people fall in love with her creations. Jessica is always developing new designs, so keep an eye out for beautiful new collections and additions.

Inspirations

Inspired by nature: butterflies, birds, flowers and twigs feature heavily in my work. I like to keep my work light-hearted and fun, as I feel too many things have to be kept serious in life and jewellery definitely shouldn’t be one of them.

Best Sellers:


The butterfly earrings is where it all started, whilst at University I developed this design and soon realised that I wanted to make jewellery that was beautiful yet affordable, quirky yet wearable. The butterflies have since appeared throughout many of my pieces, and have also led on to other collections being created.

We Make Summer Fair:



I will be showcasing a selection of work from my current 3 ranges; birds, twigs and butterflies. I will also be working on developing new ranges throughout May, so there will be a sneaky preview of this before it makes in to shops and on the web! Styles may include: rings, earrings, hoops, bangles, bracelets, necklace, brooches and cufflinks. Catalogues may also be available, while stocks last.




Websites:

www.redfoxbluemonkey.co.uk (soon to be live)

http://redfoxbluemonkey.blogspot.com

http://twitter.com/RedFoxBluMonkey


No comments: