May 30, 2010

BagatellesandCo Designer Feature:


About Bagatelles&co:

I grew up in sunny Tunisia, by the beach, in a house full of plants, paintings and beautiful fabrics, spending my childhood drawing, reading, or dressing up in my mum’s clothes with my sister…
I then moved to Paris to study Textile and Fashion design. After a while, longing for new adventures, I decided to move to London and after a degree at Central Saint Martins College, I worked several years as a freelance Designer/Tailor.

Bagatelles&co started last summer when I was desperately looking for a nice evening bag for a wedding I was attending. I couldn’t find anything beautiful yet affordable so I ended up making my own…! I haven’t stopped making bags since then!
Trying to make my products the most eco friendly possible, I source mostly from vintage silks, remnants and end of rolls of tie silk, brocade, furnishing textiles and Liberty cotton, thus avoiding waste.

Inspirations:

I combine my experience as a Pattern cutter and textile Designer to create purses and clutches with unique shapes associated to vibrant colours and beautiful fabrics. My designs are created for a playful and feminine girl who enjoys life, daydreaming, and breathes a kind of sweet elegance.

Best Sellers:



Spring garden Gigi purse. It has been my best seller so far. It represents very well bagatelles&co with its cute and voluptuous shape associated to bright and feminine colours, sweet and elegant at the same time.

We Make Summer Fair:




Visitors will find change purses, clutches and satchel bags as well as some brooches, earrings and hair accessories…

Websites:

Etsy shop: www.bagatellesandco.etsy.com
Blog: www.bagatellesandco.blogspot.com


No comments: