Nov 29, 2009

Candice Wren Designer Feature


About Candice Wren:

My name is Candice Wren and I am a textile designer. I graduated from the University of Portsmouth in 2007 with a BA degree in fashion and textiles. I started my label in the following year of 2008. I work using the traditional silk screen printing process; most of my designs are hand drawn by myself. I like to print my designs directly onto pashminas. My style is girlie quant with a twist of quirkiness. I print my designs in different colour ways and on different colour pashminas so that there is a verity and one to suit for everyone.


Inspiration:

My inspiration for the current collection of pashminas came from old fashioned children’s books and the dreamy illustrations inside that perceive a perfect world. The pictures make you feel secure, young and happy free to be whoever you want to be I want my pashminas to make the wearer feel the same! I particularly fell in love with cut out costumes and cardboard dolls so I printed these cute dainty out fits onto the edging of a shawl and then I embellish every single one I make in a different way using beads, ribbons and bits of lace. Other designs include perfume bottles and high heels. The perfume bottles was inspired by memories of looking up at my mummies dresser with pretty bottles of scents that smelt of roses and the high heels I wished I could one day walk in!



Best sellers:

My best seller is the blossom design which is printed onto a duck egg blue shawl. I also print tiny butterflies around the blossom and it seems an all round classic which everybody likes. I think it’s a safe option and suits all ages and all out fits; It’s not too much of a crazy design like some of the others and I think you need a commercial design for those who don’t fancy quirky.





www.candicewren.co.uk

No comments: