Nov 15, 2009

Custom Made Designer Feature


About Custom Made:

My name is Anna Butler, I design and make accessories for my label Custom Made. My background is fashion. I did a degree in Fashion design, then worked
as a menswear designer for six years. That’s what I thought I would do for the long term but I got very bored and uninspired so decided to leave and start my own business, Custom Made. I really wanted to do something anti mass production and kind of fell into the UK crafter scene! Initially the label started as a bag label but the range grew to where it is today with bags, purses and jewellery. I love what I do and would never go back. Every day is different and it’s an inspiring way to work, sometimes it doesn’t even feel like work!


Inspirations:

The way mass market shopping is now saddens me. Primark saddens me. Someone somewhere is paying the price for cheap clothing (even if it isn’t you) and I think a lot of people don’t care about the way cheap things are made. So my inspiration is to make nice things in a cottage industry type of way. Pretty bright happy things that make people smile, yeah that about sums Custom Made up!


Best Sellers:

My best selling range is the Too Wit Too Woo range. So many people have said “oh I am obsessed with owls” or “I have to buy this for my friends she is obsessed with owls” I didn’t know so many people were!



We Make Christmas:

I will be selling all items that are currently in the range along with any new items that pop up along the way. New items pop up all the time. I try to have new items every couple of weeks. I always try to have a little freebie for fairs so look out for that…


Website:

www.custommadeuk.com


No comments: