Nov 10, 2009

Katie Viggers Designer Feature






About Katie Viggers:

I'm a children's book illustrator and mono print obsessive. All my work starts off a black and white mono print, sometimes it stays like this and some times i play around with it on the computer. I only really draw animals and generally get obsessed with one animal at a time.


Inspirations:

I love to create prints that make me laugh or tell a story. I'm a big fan of Hockney, Sara Fanelli, Judith Kerr and bears. I like to create child friendly illustrations that have a certain amount of sophistication and humour.

Best Sellers:
My bears work seem to be the most popular, particularly this one which is the opening spread to a new picture book I'm working on about bears. It's available as a card of a big print.


We Make London:



At We Make Christmas I will be selling, original mono prints, limited edition prints, cards (some festive) and I have just finished a 2010 calender which will be available in various different sizes. Oh and hopefully some bear mugs!



Website:

I have a website www.katieviggers.com

and my work is available to buy on Etsy www.katieviggers.etsy.com





No comments: