Nov 9, 2009

Strikk Designer Feature


About Strikk:

Hello, I’m Tanya, the hands behind strikk (Norwegian for knit). I’m originally from Cape Town and have been in London for close on 4 years now. I initially did Law and at the moment, knitting is not my full-time job – during working hours, I’m behind my desk at a large investment bank in the City looking like I know what I’m doing…..and then I cycle like mad to get home to start my other job of knitting on my couch, or down at the pub!

I knit all orders by hand and where possible, I use yarn that has been hand dyed and spun by women in job creation projects in South Africa.


Inspirations:

My grandmother is my inspiration and teacher – she taught me when I was very young. I find knitting incredibly therapeutic – that and my love for all things interior (the pile of interior magazines I use for inspiration will attest to that), makes knitting a very pleasurable experience - just hope my hands will last the journey…


Best Seller:




My ruched cushion in moss green seems to be the one that gets the most orders. It sort of happened by accident to be honest, but the end product turned out pretty well and the textures created by the ruching makes it an interesting cushion.


We Make London:

We’ll definitely be having some strikk homeware bestsellers at the We Make Christmas Fair – but in new great winter colours. Look out for the classic cable knitted cushions as well – and we’re working on some new textured cushions in preparation for next season (you’ll get a first look in at the Fair).

But winter wouldn’t be bearable without a hotwater bottle. We’ve got classic grey with contrast red ribbons (in keeping with Christmas cheer) and look out for the little hot pink number as well. These are sure to make great Christmas pressies.



Website:

For sales:

http://www.strikk.etsy.com

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/strikk

For up-to-the-minute behind the scenes news:

http://www.strikkstrikk.blogspot.com


No comments: