Nov 16, 2009

Kathryn Bloom Designer Feature



About Kathryn Bloom:

I love to make, and though I also paint, draw, crochet and take pictures, sewing has gradually come to be my greatest creative passion. I simply adore fabric,
colour, patterns and putting them together in the most beautiful combinations I can imagine. I am accessory mad, which is possibly why I have to make things that will be used, such as bags and purses, and I have an uncontrollable desire for everything to be as pretty as can be. A year ago I opened a small online shop, filled with one-of-a-kind designs, so that other people might share in the happiness that my creating brings me.


Inspirations:

I am inspired by so many different things. I have an unabashed appreciation of most things floral, but love to incorporate other elements of nature into my work as well.Though often inspired by what others create, I prefer not to follow patterns, but instead enjoy creating my own original designs.

Best Sellers:



This is the Cherry Blossom purse, which is my most popular item, and one of the simplest too. I think this purse captures my style quite well, so I’m happy that people like it. One of my favourite things to do is display a colourful design against a plain, natural background, occasionally dropping in blocks of bright patterned fabrics. I have made this purse to order in a number of different sizes!

We Make Christmas:

I adore Christmas and am so excited to be bringing along my new Christmas stockings, which have only been made as custom orders up to now. I will have a whole range of pretty tree ornaments and decorations, kits for making your own ornaments (great to make with children), and of course my entire range of handbags, totes, cosmetic bags, purses and cushions.



Website:

Find me at my website:

www.kathrynbloom.com

and my etsy shop:

www.kathrynbloom.etsy.com







No comments: