Nov 8, 2009

Paper Red Shoes Designer Feature




Spork
I found this kooky kitchen utensil at a charity shop and photographed it.


About Paper Red Shoes:

I am a huge fan of mint-coloured refrigerators, grey walls, wheat fields and vast expanses of sky. I am from Kansas, which is also where I studied art. After university, I moved to South Korea where I met my lovely English husband. My work is Americana 1950’s meets Mark Rothko in the sense that it has a definite vintage vibe with a colour/modern twist. I try and reuse as many materials as possible, which brings up a lot of fun challenges and forced creativity. Creating is like eating; I have to do it and I love it.

Inspirations:

Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Japanese woodblock prints, colour, nature, sunshine, vintage fabrics, good design, good food, and friends.


Best Sellers:


Hoover the Floor from the Brunton Road Series.

We Make Chris
tmas:





I’ll be selling Christmas ornaments and gift boxes from vintage papers. I’ll also be selling the Brunton Road series and Brunton Road Series II collages. I’m very excited to introduce feed sack tea towels at We Make Christmas3. Feed sack material first began in American around 1840. Companies would sell flour, sugar, animal feed, etc in printed cotton fabrics. Women used these fabrics to make clothes, curtains, and quilts. I’ve raided my grandma’s closet and brought some great prints to make tea towels.



Website:

www.paperredshoes.etsy.com

samsredshoes.blogspot.com






No comments: