Nov 18, 2009

Julia Davey Designer Feature



About Julia Davey:

I live in Bath and work from a small, local studio making small batches of bespoke tableware and framed fine art ceramics. Themes running through my work vary from the natural to typography; based on my travels and found objects. I am a trained educator and believe in sharing skills, knowledge and practice through workshops and demonstrations. Having completed a foundation degree at Central St Martins, London I went west and studied a BA in Ceramics at Bath Spa University, graduating in 2007 with first class honours. Since then I have kitted out my small studio whilst training to be an art teacher. I now balance my making with part time lecturing.

Inspirations:

I am inspired by objects and personalities that I come across every day, be it a grumpy pug dog or an autumn seed pod. I love colour and pattern, taking great pleasure in the process and freedom of clay; building up layers of imagery over a series of firings.


Best Sellers:




My pinned butterflies are a signature piece. Each has survived a very long and risky journey through the firing process until it gains pride of place within the frame. The butterflies are created through painting paper with clay, a process I developed myself. Each is decorated with my botanical drawings.

We Make Christmas:




I am going to be showcasing a large range of items from Christmas baubles and biscuit brooches to dog bowls and gravy boats! All with my own hand decorated slips and original transfer designs. There will be an opportunity to see some exclusive designs, as yet unavailable at any stockist.




Website:

www.juliadavey.com

www.folksy.com/shops/juliadavey





No comments: