Nov 4, 2009

Hatastic Designer Feature




About Hatastic:

I have always made ‘things’ either from things that I want, to things that look pretty, and it has always been my little hobby/outlet.


Making headpieces came about when I couldn't find a hat to wear to go with my vintage dress for a very special wedding. I wanted a vintage feel to my headdress, but all I could find were brash feathery things that were really expensive, and looked like everything else on the high street.

I decided to make my headdress out of what I could fin
d at home. It actually worked(!) and it was a great success at the wedding, inspiring me to create more that year (for the other five weddings I attended that annum!). After being commissioned to make a bride and her bridesmaids headdresses, it seemed obvious that I needed to start doing this as a business. Thus, Hatastic! was born.


Inspirations:


Each Hatastic! piece is totally unique from the limited supply of a certain fabric or bead and the fact that it is entirely handmade by me. I like to use only the finest vintage textiles, or remnants of silk or satin which I combine with beads and sequins. The ‘hunting’ of materials is another one of my secret pleasures…well - not so secret now!


Best Sellers:



As my pieces are all unique it is hard to say which one is my ‘best seller’. However, I think the piece that has been most talked about and documented has to be the Dusky Pink Vintage Sequin Fascinator. People like it I think cause it has that real vintage feel and is really different and yet not too ‘much’. What people tend to say in general is that they love Hatastic! as the pieces are really bold, different and strong designs, and not too ‘pretty pretty’. There are no limits to what can be worn in the head and still make you look and feel glamorous!


We Make Christmas:


I am so excited to be a part of We Make Christmas, and will be bringing along a whole range of fascinators, headdresses and other hair accessories in seasonal colours and materials. My price range varies from £3 upwards, so you will definitely find something to go in a stocking, or indeed for yourself!

I am currently working on my bridal wear headdresses and preparing for a photoshoot, so sadly I can’t show you anything as yet, but there will be a few exclusive pieces to show on the day, and any ‘brides to be’ can flick through the photos on show for inspiration to either buy or get ideas for their very special bespoke piece in the most sumptuous vintage fabrics and beads.


Website:



www.hatastic.folksy.com







So I hope that you will have as much fun wearing them, as I have had making them! As my saying goes, my Hatastic! pieces are ‘Elegant, witty and timeless – everything a hat and a woman should be!’



No comments: