Jun 19, 2011

A Alicia Designer Feature:



About A Alicia:

What did you start doing what you do?

I wanted a career where I could be truly creative, but also make a positive difference in the world, so an eco-ethical accessories line seemed to fit the bill!

Why did you chose your business name?

It’s a combination of my first initial and my middle name – I always liked my middle name, but never really had a use for it, so now I do!

How long have you been doing what you do?

Almost two and a half years.

What else they you like to do?

I love gardening, but as I only have a balcony I have to limit that passion – I do have peas and runner beans growing on the balcony at the moment though!

What is your ultimate goal for your business?

I’d like to work with some larger retailers, as it would be great to raise the profile of ethically produced, handmade products.

If you could make something for a famous person who and what would it be....?

I’d love to see Christina Hendricks (Joan from Mad Men) in one of my necklaces – she’s one of the few curvy women you get to see in the media, and I think she sets a great example!

Inspirations:


My current jewellery collection is very much inspired by nature programmes, particularly tropical birds! One of the joys of working with textiles to make jewellery is the colour and texture you can create.
I also have a wedding collection, inspired by vintage fashion and combinations of bold and delicate flowers.


 Best Sellers:

Pebble Necklace in Mustard and Green.
My pebble necklaces combine gorgeous vintage kimono fabrics with handmade ceramic beads – they come in lots of different colour combos, but this one is the winner!

We Make Summer Boutique:


I will be including extra-summery pieces that I’ve recently added to the collection, including bangles, new necklaces and even bangle earrings!



You’re Sites:


Find Us on Facebook:

No comments: