Jun 24, 2011

Stars and Scars Designer feature:



About Stars and Scars:

Why did you start doing what you do?

I always loved jewellery from a young age, especially colourful and unusual pieces, which led me to study for my degree in jewellery design. We were encouraged to explore more out of the ordinary materials, and plastics have always inspired me with their versatility.

Why did you chose your business name?

stars&scars is named because it describes my main creative source - my hands. Just below my right hand I have a white tattoo of a star. on the palm of my left hand I have an inch long scar from a carpal tunnel operation. Without my hands I wouldn’t be able to make the jewellery!

How long have you been doing what you do?

stars&scars has been in business for just over a year, but I’ve always made jewellery either as a hobby or for my studies, for about 10 years.

What else do you like to do?

I’m a bit of a geek so I enjoy video games and browsing the internet for hours, I enjoy films and music, I try to see as many live bands as I can!

What is your ultimate goal for your business?

I would love to give up my day job and concentrate on stars&scars full time. I’ve started stocking small shops and I really enjoy this side of it, I like people to see my work in person, that’s why I’m excited about the pop up shop!

If you could make something for a famous person who and what would it be....? 

Lady Gaga. She’s an awesome artist and businesswoman, a fashion icon. I would make her something huge and crazy, shiny and spiky!
 
Inspirations:

What are your Inspirations?

I’m inspired by technology and typography, science and nature, colours and shapes, pop culture and the internet. I can find inspiration almost anywhere!
 

 Best Sellers:



The Handlebar Moustache necklace is by far my best seller, I think its fun nature appeals to people. It’s well priced and I donate £1 from each sale to the Movember charity for male cancer research.


We Make Summer Boutique:

Show us your top three sellers that will be at the shop
 





Websites:




Follow Us On Twitter:


Find Us on Facebook:

No comments: