Jun 15, 2011

Forgotten Stitches Designer Feature:



About Forgotten Stitches:

What did you start doing what you do? 

Having worked in vintage retail for a number of years, I  felt the time was right to work for myself and satisfy my own creativity.
Why did you chose your business name? 

I chose the name  Forgotten Stitches because when I came back to embroidery I’d actually forgotten what all my stitches were called, and with what I make being inspired on bygone eras, the name just fitted perfectly.

How long have you been doing what you do?   

Having been brought up in a world of vintage textiles, I’ve always been sewing  or making something or other from an early age… Forgotten Stitches came about 6 years ago. 

What else they you like to do? 

Collecting period textiles, fashions and homewares. Home baking, photography, listing to old music, gardening, walks.

What is your ultimate goal for your business?  

 At some point in the future it would be lovely to have my very own shop, where I could also stock other beautiful handmade items.


Inspirations:

I like to look at things from the past. I’ve been collecting Edwardian and Victorian postcards for years and find them utterly delightful to recreate. My accessories, dolls and toys are based around the 1930s, 1940s and 50’s for their fun and marvellous novelties.

Best Sellers:
 

Doves and Horseshoe, part of the postcard collection. This is the first piece I did in this collection and I feel it shows my style off greatly.



We Make Summer Boutique: 

 
Wooden, felt and rope Cherry Necklace… a perfect piece for summer picnics.


 Stitched and Felt Poppy 


The ever so popular Felt Fawn (Pictured above)

Webites: 



Find Us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/forgottenstitches

No comments: