Jun 29, 2011

Strikk Designer Feature:

About Strikk:


Why did you start doing what you do?
I came to London from Cape Town about six years ago and needed something to calm my nerves and get over the shock – knitting seemed soothing enough.

Why did you chose your business name?
Strikk means “knit” in Norwegian.  Borrowing from my Norwegian heritage seemed appropriate.

How long have you been doing what you do?
My grandmother taught me to knit as a little girl, and I’ve been knitting on and off ever since.  I have been lucky enough to sell what I make for about the last four or five years.

What else they you like to do?
I cycle around London looking at all the pretty buildings and getting annoyed with the traffic – and when I’m not doing that, I like to take photos of all the pretty and interesting things I see.

What is your ultimate goal for your business?
To knit full-time.  To create full-time.  At the moment I am gainfully employed in the legal department of an investment bank in the City, but one day, I hope to employ myself and an army of talented knitters.


Inspirations:
What is your inspiration:
The tag-line for strikk handknits is “filling your home with knits, one room at a time” and with those words in my mind I find I’m constantly looking for ideas for the home.  It can be from yarn that I see, to colour combinations or even patterns in nature – there is so much around to inspire its almost impossible to miss.

 Best Sellers:
Your best seller or signature piece of work:
The handknit cable cushions have always been very popular – I like to combine the classic with modern colours and yarns.




We Make Summer Boutique:
Show us your top three sellers that will be at the shop







Websites:



Follow Us On Twitter:

No comments: