Jun 16, 2011

Custom Made Designer Feature:




About Custom Made:

What did you start doing what you do?
I had been working as a menswear designer for the high street and had become very bored with my job. I knew I wanted to leave but didn’t want to get another job doing the same thing so I left and started planning Custom Made.

Why did you chose your business name?
I wanted the name to reflect the handmade nature of my business so chose Custom Made, plus it looks nice written down!

How long have you been doing what you do?
I started mid 2004 so nearly 7 years

What else they you like to do?
My favourite thing is reading. I love reading, I am a massive book worm, sometimes I read 3 or 4 books at a time.

What is your ultimate goal for your business?
To keep having ideas. That’s number 1 for sure! And keep making things people like to buy.


 Inspirations:

The way mass market shopping is now saddens me. Primark saddens me. Someone somewhere is paying the price for cheap clothing (even if it isn’t you) and I think a lot of people don’t care about the way cheap things are made. So my inspiration is to make nice things in a cottage industry type of way. Pretty bright happy things that make people smile, yeah that about sums Custom Made up!

 Best Sellers:

My best seller right now is the Fantastic Fox necklace. I guess people like foxes and he is rather cute!


We Make Summer Boutique:
Show us your top three sellers that will be at the shop

http://custommade.bigcartel.com/product/new-blue-birds-purse


2.       


Websites:

 

Follow Us On Twitter:


Find Us on Facebook:


No comments: