Jun 25, 2011

Hatastic Designer Feature:


Image:Recreation Collection  by Hatastic! (photo courtesy of www.julietlemon.com)

About Hatastic:

Why did you start doing what you do? 

I used to buy and sell vintage clothes and accessories as a hobby, but after making a few headpieces for myself, I thought I would start selling those too and they seemed to get more interest and more sales! I then was asked to design and make a headpiece for a bride and her two bridesmaids, this Hatastic! was born!

Why did you choose your business name? 

I wanted a name that was punchy and told people exactly what I do and what style my pieces were. I also wanted something memorable too!

How long have you been doing what you do?

Hatastic! was launched in October 2009

What else do you like to do? 

I absolutely love scouting around secondhand shops and vintage fairs which is great for my hat stock supplies, but not for my bank balance!

What is your ultimate goal for your business? 

To have my own boutique near my home running itself, whilst I work at home in my workshop making beautiful bespoke headpieces. Of course, having my stockists working hard for me too!

If you could make something for a famous person who and what would it be....? 

I would LOVE, love, LOVE to make a headpiece for Björk or Paloma Faith…somebody of that ilk. With all my bespoke pieces it would have to tailor to their wishes / wants, but I would of course bring lots of vintage elements, colour and glitter to the piece!

Inspirations:

I’ve always loved 3D design and spent most of my 6th form in the art room at school modelling huge garden sculptures. I loved Henry Moore as a child and wept when I saw Gaudis work in Barcelona! I love anything that is larger than life, pushing the boundaries and has a little sparkle of either the shiny sort and/or of humour!

Best Sellers:

My Jigsaw Headpiece from the Recreation Collection is used as my signature piece it very clearly demonstrates Hatastics! ethos. We take objects that at face value would have been discarded or thrown away as they seem useless (this headpiece was made from an incomplete box of jigsaw pieces) and transform them into something strangely beautiful and timeless – something that makes a statement, that can be treasured and worn again and again.
  Image: Jigsaw Headpiece

We Make Summer Boutique:

Show us your top three sellers that will be at the shop

 Leather Bow Hairclip

Diamante Domino Hairclip

Jigsaw Kirby


Websites:

Follow Us On Twitter: 

Find Us on Facebook:




No comments: