Jun 21, 2011

Superfumi Designer Feature:



About Superfumi:

What did you start doing what you do? 
My label Superfumi was born out of my desire to transform my hand drawn illustrations into objects people could wear and enjoy in everyday life.

Why did you chose your business name?  
Friends had nicknamed me Fumi (from my surname) so when it came to choosing a name for the business I added Super, I thought it would give me superhero powers!

How long have you been doing what you do?  
I have been working doing illustrations since graduating from Camberwell College of Arts in 2006 but Superfumi was officially born in 2009.

What else they you like to do? 
When I have time I love going for long walks in the woods or by the river, it is very relaxing and inspiring. I also like travelling to new places, discovering new music and of course spending time with my wonderful friends and family.

What is your ultimate goal for your business?
I would love to be able to sell my trinkets in lots of cute boutiques around the world. I also wish to have my own Superfumi little shop one day so I can decorate it and fill it with all the wonderful things I have been collecting and dreaming about it for years.

If you could make something for a famous person who and what would it be....? 
I would love to create some artwork or jewellery for sisters Bianca and Sierra Casady of band CocoRosie. I listen to lots of their magical music whilst drawing.

Inspirations:
My illustrations are inspired by the world around us. Natures, animals, childhood memories and magical stories play a big influence in my work. I also love looking at quirky blogs, magazines and illustrated books. I get lots of ideas from each of these sources.

Best Sellers:


Your best seller or signature piece of work: My 'Mysterious Owl' illustration best describes the feel of my current collection 'The Enchanted Forest'. It is currently a greeting card but it will also be available as a print for the We Make Summer boutique.

We Make Summer Boutique:
Show us your top three sellers that will be at the shop  

The 'I Love Tea/Coffee' coasters are always very popular at craft fairs events along with the Curious Fox brooch and the Forest notebooks. 




Websites:

Follow Us On Twitter:

Find Us on Facebook:

No comments: