Jun 17, 2011

Hope and Eden Designer Feature:



About Hope and Eden:

Why did you start doing what you do?           
For many years I worked as a freelance fashion textile designer, later combining this with teaching at various art colleges. After becoming Mum to two beautiful daughters, I was inspired to start producing cuddly creatures to keep them company at night, other Mums loved them and asked me to make creatures for their children and my range grew from there.

Why did you choose your business name?
I named my business after my daughters, as they were my inspiration for starting Hope and Eden.

How long have you been doing what you do?
I started my business in April 2010 and have loved every minute since.

What is your ultimate goal for your business?
I really enjoy selling at various craft shows and events in London and am also planning to develop the on-line side of my business in the near future.

If you could make something for a famous person who and what would it be? 
Not sure about a famous person but looking forward to starting a personalised silk-screened fabric picture for my gorgeous new born niece.

Inspirations:

I am inspired by many things: the nostalgia of 1950’s children’s book illustrations, especially the colourful, witty work of Miroslav Sesek and Paul Rand; the joy of childhood and its many memories; and a love of natural fabrics, pattern and vintage buttons.

Best Sellers:


My recent best sellers are my personalised silk-screened fabric pictures. The pictures have been very popular as presents for new babies and with parents redecorating their children’s rooms.




We Make Summer Boutique:


I will be showing toys, silk-screened textiles, silk-screened pictures, badges, decorated ceramics and lavender bags.




Websites:

Follow Us On Twitter:

Find Us on Facebook:


No comments: