Jun 11, 2011

Sweetpea4Kids Designer Feature:



About SweetPea4Kids:

Why did you start doing what you do?
I have always been very creative and after inheriting my grandmother’s sewing machine, I taught myself to use it.  It came very natural to me and I was then making children’s clothes, soft toys and quilts to gift to friends kids.
After taking a sewing skills course at The London College of Fashion to perfect my self taught skills, I decided it was time to sell the designs I was making.

Why did you chose your business name?
Sweetpea4kids, the brand name was thought up nearly 10 years ago when I started blogging after my first child was born. My blog was called Sweetpea.

How long have you been doing what you do?
Ive been knitting and sewing for about 10 years now, since my first child was born.

What else they you like to do?
Before sewing, I was a knitter! I knit and crochet for myself and for my kids.  I still love to knit and wish I had the time to do it more often.

What is your ultimate goal for your business?
I would very much like to grow this little cottage business and see my wears and designs in many shops across the country. They are currently in a few shops across Essex.

If you could make something for a famous person who and what would it be....? 
Who wouldn’t want to dress a Beckham! I would love the future baby Beckham to wear one of my personalised baby bodysuits.


Inspirations:
 

Nothing inspires me more than my own children.  My younger son wanted a guitar from the toy shop, and I made him a t-shirt with a guitar on – he lives in it! I am also very much inspired by years gone by, the 1970’s in particular. I love gathering pictures of my childhood and researching the clothes I wore as a child.  I look at photographs, birthday cards and something captures my eye and I evolve it.

 Best Sellers:


This cupcake bodysuit is one of my best sellers, and the cupcake still remains a best seller in the t-shirt too. You can see why, its delightful.




We Make Summer Boutique:
 
These are my top three sellers that will be at the shop


Websites:


Follow Us On Twitter:

Find Us on Facebook:


No comments: