Jun 24, 2011

Marcel Et Bobine Designer Feature:


About Marcel Et Bobine:

What did you start doing what you do?
I started sewing fleece hats almost 2 years ago when I wanted an idea to run a new school club that would let me teach sewing to my young pupils. They enjoyed learning and designing their own hats, and so did I, so it just grew from there.

Why did you chose your business name?
I named it after my illustrated characters, who in turn were given French names. Marcel was named for my French great-grandfather and Bobine was named for me using my sewing machine so much and not knowing the English word for a bobbin as I learned to sew in French from my mother.

How long have you been doing what you do?
I've only been doing this for almost 2 years although I have always been creative. I helped my mother on her craft fair stall when I was 13 and sold my handmade silk friendship bracelets. I made £37.50 and was so proud of myself for making my own money, even though my father had bought all the silks in the first place! I didn't give him a cut!

What else they you like to do?
I am getting back into painting and illustration, although I'm sure I waste more time than I use productively. I try to be as creative as possible in my job as a History teacher and also collect antique lace which I sew onto my clothes.

What is your ultimate goal for your business?
If I can carry on making things I enjoy and that others enjoy then I'd be happy.

If you could make something for a famous person who and what would it be....? 
I can picture Alexa Chung in one of my Sad Panda hats, maybe next time the temperature drops she might think of recreating my mental picture in real life!

Inspirations:


I get ideas from all directions. I am definitely Japan and manga inspired, although I don't like fan-art. My art teacher from secondary school, Mrs Andrewartha, drilled in so many good habits but my grandfather, Edmond Sacre, was and is my art inspiration.

 Best Sellers:


My best seller has to be my bunny hats, probably because the ears are so great for bouncing about in.


We Make Summer Boutique:

Show us your top three sellers that will be at the shop






Website:
 

No comments: