Nov 15, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet A Alicia



About A Alicia:
I took a round-about route to accessory design, via a degree in Art History and an MA in Fine Art. My studies still play a huge role in inspiring my collections, as does my fascination with historical craft and particularly Japanese craft and design.
Ethical and environmental concerns are central to my collections – all A Alicia accessories are made by hand in my London studio, using fairtrade organic cotton and vintage elements wherever possible. My aim is to create pieces that are at one unique and bold but also wearable and affordable!

Inspirations:
I usually start with the materials and work from there – looking at the possibilities of a particular material, such as wool, and the different textures I can create. I also enjoy using slightly outmoded craft techniques (like French Knitting!) and creating something elegant and new.

Best Sellers:

My best seller is my Eagle Necklace – I think it strikes the right balance of bold but simple.

We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:
I will be selling my current AW11 collection which combines mainly necklaces, brooches and earrings, created using French Knitting and Pom Pom techniques. I will also be previewing some new work from my next collection, which won’t be officially released until next year!


Websites:
Jewellery collection: http://aalicia.bigcartel.com/

Find us on Facebook:
A link to your Facebook Page/Group

No comments: