Nov 29, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Edwyn UK




About EdwynUK:
My name is Louise and EdwynUK is my small company based in East London designing and producing quality hand made products for 'hound and home'. These include cushions, bags, draught excluders, doorstops and neckerchiefs to name but a few, but all with a dog theme! I use hand embroidery, appliqué and hand block-printing using lino cuts of dog faces that I carve myself. I love to use linens cottons and wools and particularly like combining colours and textures.
I trained in Furniture Design at the Royal College of Art and went on to work in architectural practices and then freelance for large retail ‘home’ departments. It was after the arrival of my Welsh Terrier Edwyn (named after my hero Edwyn Collins) that my world became more and more dog focused and I decided to combine both interests and offer something a little different for design conscious dog lovers.

Inspirations:
My personal inspirations, apart from the obvious love of dogs, are I think the big skies and country landscapes of my youth growing up in a small Lincolnshire market town which probably explains why I settled in East London with it’s vast expanses of marshland and forests and big skies – a combination of urban and outdoor living which I’m lucky to explore everyday walking my dog or pottering on the allotment. I love design, interesting buildings and spaces, things that have a sense of craftmanship and utility with a particularly ‘British’ sensibility. 

Best Sellers:


The tidy pouch, which I introduced earlier this year, is just one of my best sellers. It is a waterproof lined pouch that can clip on to the lead, belt or bag and are very practical for dog owners and parents alike!
The neckerchiefs are still a firm favourite with customers as are the dog print keyrings , it’s very hard to choose between them!

We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:



Especially for Christmas we will have our red velvet backed Dog Christmas Decorations in the different breeds, some lovely bone squeaker toys for dogs, and a new EdwynUK toy bag. There will be neckerchiefs in some great new fabrics and our fun bone and ‘dog of arms’ pillows, doorstops, draught excluders and dog walk bags. 




Websites:
Follow Us On Twitter:

Find us on Facebook:



No comments: