Nov 11, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Caroline Cowen


About Caroline Cowen:


I design and make silver jewellery and I have also recently been working on a range of textile items.
I have always loved making things, jewellery, clothes, cakes.. and have always known that I wanted to do something creative, one of my grandmothers was a milliner and the other a tailoress so I think it must run in the family!
I studied for a degree in Applied Arts and since graduating in 2008 I have been setting up my workshop and developing my skills further.

Inspirations:

I remember as a child spending many happy hours sitting in a summerhouse at my grandmothers sifting through boxes of buttons and beads and making things to wear.  This was the beginning of my love of creating.
Much of my work is inspired by a love of the natural world. Flowers and birds and other creatures are often the focus of my work. I also love illustration and pattern, particularly scandinavian textile designs.
I am constantly sketching and drawing ideas out, I usually try to keep a sketchbook with me, otherwise I end up with a load of little scraps of paper covered in scribbles of foxes and leaves!



Best Sellers:


Since introducing the range of jewellery inspired by fawns these have become some of my best sellers.




We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:

 
I have been working on some new designs which I am really looking forward to showcasing including a new range of tiny bunnies. I will be selling a wide range of items, many of my current bestsellers and also some special one off pieces. 



Websites:

Find us on Facebook:


No comments: