Nov 29, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Folk Art Paper Cuts



About Folk Art Paper Cuts:

I am a papercutting artist working from home in Hertfordshire. I’ve been papercutting for just about 3 years now, having tried my hand at various other things over the years – from mosaics to polymer clay.  As soon as I started papercutting, I knew that I’d finally found the genre for me!  I sell originals, prints and cards online via Etsy and Folksy and also through fairs and pop-up shows.  All my papercuts are my own original hand-drawn designs and are cut with a craft knife from a single piece of paper. 

Inspirations:

My work is strongly influenced by American and European folk art and reflects themes of nature and rural life.  I only draw and cut what I would love to display in my own home.  Papercutting is seeing a bit of a resurgence at the moment, so I hope I’m just producing beautiful and decorative pieces that people enjoy looking at.

Best Sellers:

My best-selling piece is my “Life is Good” print.  I think people really like the sentiment of the message, together with all the tiny details in the papercut itself.

We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:

At the Christmas Fair I’ll be selling originals, prints and cards.  My aim is to try and keep my original artwork affordable – especially in today’s financial climate. So hopefully there’ll be something for everyone!


Websites:
Follow Us On Twitter:
@FolkArtPapercut
Find us on Facebook:


No comments: