Nov 6, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet TobyBoo

Over the next month we will be introducing you to the designers that will be at out Pop Up Shopping Experience fair at Battersea Arts Centre on the 10th December.

We start off with the lovely Toby Boo

About TobyBoo:



Tobyboo is myself, Tina and I create a beautiful collection of  freehand machine embroidery artwork and collage, home accessories including cushions, tea towels and blankets.

I trained at Central St Martins College of Art coming out with a BA Jewellery design and went to textile decoration with television production in-between.

My first role was working on a children's art programme creating the 'makes' which I loved and went onto have a great career in television but got ill and it all ended, rather than being confined to the sofa I took to the sewing machine re-teaching herself old skills and started to make Twinkle handbags which adorned the shoulders of presenters Donna Air, Lisa Rogers and Jools Oliver.

Just as Twinkle looked to be getting off the ground, my condition worsened and I had to give up making. Meanwhile, a seven year struggle to become pregnant ­eventually led to the birth of our son, Toby and the start of Tobyboo…..everything they say happens for a reason. 

Inspirations:

I genuinely take inspiration from anywhere – my latest collection is based on the rhyme Oranges & Lemons, I've illustrated each London church thats sung about. I do like stories and songs... and myths....


Best Sellers:

My best seller is the Oranges & Lemons tea towel – screen printed with my embroidery of St Martin in the Field, it looks great framed up.


We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:

Especially for We Make Christmas I shall have Christmas stockings, decorations and past season discounts that won't be sold anywhere else.

 

Websites:

From The Wilde

Follow Us On Twitter:

Find us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tobyboo/56904273558


No comments: