Nov 19, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Amy Abbott




About Amy Abbott:

I graduated from Camberwell College of Art in 2010 with a Masters in Illustration.
Since then I have received acclaim by The Association of Illustrators as a best of British new talent Illustrator for contemporary Illustration in 2011 and 2008.

This is my first time creating greeting cards and I am very excited but apprehensive of peoples reaction as my designs have an expressionist quality unlike other commercial greeting cards.  My aim is to create a collection of cards to be admired as pieces of art.


Inspirations:

My drawing is not portentous or overally styled I believe my rawness to drawing makes my work unique. I admire the works of expressionist artists and I am especially influenced by Billy Childish, Karel Appel and Marcelle Handler, again they have a natural sense of design and purpose in there work immediately you can see they have created from the soul overall that’s my main inspiration in my work.

Best Sellers:
 

This will be my first time selling so hopefully all of them will be best sellers!
However my favorite is the robin design they are so cute and feel especially christmassy.

We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:

I am selling handmade christmas cards which have been made exclusivly for We Make London. They can be purchased singularly or as a pack of five.
Firstly I monoprint my designs I then scan the images to touch up the colour and to get rid of any inky fingerprints, finally I lovingly and repetively handprint all my cards at home.

Also I am working on a new product which will be made especially for this years goodybags.
  
Websites:

Follow Us On Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:


No comments: