Nov 26, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Saura




About Saura:
After growing up in Japan and spending half of my life there, I have always been fascinated by the ancient styles and techniques. The combination of western and eastern cultures is a recurring theme in my life and has enabled me to create a range of western clothes from antique kimono. The strong connection to my Japanese heritage is brought through in my work which has been largely influenced by my mother, who trained as a Kimono maker in Kyoto. This is my first year as a designer and look forward to many more years to come.
Inspirations:
Japan, London and My mothers wardrobe.
Best Sellers:
.
Silk hand-made T-Shirt
These are unique and one-off pieces that are comfortable and flattering.  

We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:



Everything from hoodies to hairclips to handbags. Clothes and accessories. I am also making a limited number of Kimono cushions especially for the We Make London Christmas Fair.

Website
:


No comments: