Nov 23, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet BH Makes



About BH Makes:

I am a jewellery designer who mainly uses  wood, along with textiles and silver.  I originally studied textile design but was drawn to working with wood in my 3rd year.  I now work in a shared studio in east London and a bit at home too!  I have been running my business for a little over a year now and have enjoyed every minute of it!


Inspirations:
I am inspired by pattern, particularly in traditional textiles.  I absolutely love visiting museums, particularly the V&A and the British Museum.  I find their collections very inspiring, not least for the sheer variety which they both hold!  I like to paint, draw and collage to give myself ideas.   I really love drift wood and weather worn posters, hoardings, fences etc and I try to get that feel into the look of my work too.

Best Sellers:

My signature piece is probably my lace dyed bangles, printed with vintage aces they have an ethereal, sky – like quality to them.

We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:
I will have my new range of round earrings with me at the We Make Christmas Fair.  I will also have a good selection of bracelets, necklaces and rings – plenty to chose from!  I will also have some of my new beaded necklaces with handmade wooden beads as well as silver and cotton chains.


You’re Sites:
Follow Us On Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:

No comments: