Nov 7, 2011

Designer Feature Series: Meet Silky Prudence




About Silky Prudence:
My name’s Sara and I live and work on a narrow boat in west London creating cute and quirky knit and crochet accessories.  I use natural yarns including kid-silk, merino and alpaca to make items that not only look great, but will also make you feel great when you wear them.  I’m a bit of a magpie so anything with a hint of sparkle makes me come over all warm and tingly.  My philosophy is that I only ever make what I would want to wear myself, so you can be sure that every piece has been made with love.


Inspirations:
I’m hugely inspired by retro films and fashion, especially kitsch stars such as Betty Page, who my Betty scarflettes are named after.   My pieces reflect my love bohemian glamour, with a lot of my work being influenced by the 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s.  I love working with luxurious materials which can turn the simplest of items into something really special.


Best Sellers:


My Betty Scarflettes are my signature pieces and are far and away my best sellers.  I’ve had so many women buy them as gifts and then come back to get one for themselves as they love them so much.  I think they reflect a person’s character very well; if you’re wearing one of these around your neck then you’re not someone who follows the crowd!
We Make Christmas Pop Up Shopping Experience:





I’ll be bringing lots of Betty’s in new and exciting colours and also Big Betty’s made to the same design but using a great super-chunky alpaca/wool blend which feels wonderful against the skin.  Another of my best sellers from a couple of years ago will be making a special appearance – the Polly Cowl – knit in moss stitch with cute giant pompom drawstrings.  I’ll also have some very beautiful and delicate kid-silk shawls that are great for weddings or special occasions.  As well as the above I hope to have some new and exciting Silky Prudence designs including striped scarves, shrugs and special Betty gift sets!





Website:
Follow Us On Twitter:
@silkyprudence

Find us on Facebook:


No comments: